Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Land

    Fall 2006

I thought I would share some background, thoughts and feelings about "the land".  When Lance and I first bought our current home, it was a small neighborhood. Our house was located on a culdasac and we had nothing behind us besides open fields.  It is now booming and our view from each window is a neighbor.  Not that we haven't enjoyed most of our neighbors but life in a neighborhood can get old.  I think it was especially nice when the kids were younger.  It made my life as a stay at home Mom not feel as lonely and I made some lifelong friends here.  But several years ago Lance and I started to dream and think about our future being surrounded
 more by nature and the beautiful outdoors so we began our hunt for land.  

In 2006 we found and fell in love with 24 acres.  It has some hills and a wooded area, lined with tons of raspberry bushes.  And then last year some connected land became available and so now we have 50 acres of God's beautiful creation.  Did you know it possible to bond with dirt?!  Well...we have:-)  Lance and I actually go on dates to the land.  We take a blanket, bottle of wine and enjoy the sunset and most of all each other.  It is SO peaceful. 

   September 2007









 We take the kids to ride dirt bikes there, to pick raspberries and just play in the woods.  Three of the kids are riding dirt bikes already and Lilyan and Liam are determined to be on them soon. We even had a camping party there last Fall for Leytan's Birthday.  The kids had a blast playing in the woods, corn and just getting good and dirty.  Even our dog, Chip, LOVES the land.  He is a Brittany Spaniel and  bred to be a hunting dog.  He runs, sniffs and has a blast when we take him out there.  Each of us have our own visions and dreams of life on the land.  The kids have visions of motocross and 4-wheeler tracks, pool, tree houses and forts.  I picture us there for the long haul...a pond with a small sand beach and me sitting on a bench beside a weeping willow tree watching my grand kids play.  I can't wait to be out there!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds wonderful, Lisa!

    We're about as woodsy and full of nature as you can get and still be in a subdivision, but Regan still talks daily about wanting to move... 50 acres of land would be her dream come true (and mine!).

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed