Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Lia!!!

To know you have a child and not be able to celebrate her birthday with her...is hard:( I have SO many questions that I would like to have answered...some I may get the answers to someday, some I probably never will. I wonder if she knows when her birth date even is? Will someone celebrate with her? Does anyone care that this is possibly the 13th one she is having without a Mom and Dad? Does she like cake? Has she ever received a birthday present? I have NO idea. I DO know that this year...someone will be thinking about her and praying for her on her birthday. I know that someone will be celebrating her...even if we are not together. I am sending her a birthday gift but it will not be delivered to the orphanage until April 2nd, so I hope she isn't sad on her birthday...thinking we don't care;( A lady, that is in China now adopting 2 beautiful little girls, has a special connection to my girl. Her name is Stefani and she actually got to meet my girl back in 2004 when Lia was only 5 years old. Stefani was visiting the orphanage after adopting a baby girl there. She saw Lia asked if she and her group of friends were registered for adoption. The staff told her "No, who would want them?" Stefani assured her that of coarse someone would want them. And pleaded with the vice director to please get their paperwork ready. Over the next several years Stefani had seen these girls show up on lists and come HOME to families...all except Lia. Until now!!! It breaks my heart that she has waited SO very long for a family. I plan to make it up to her BIG time!!! :) Stefani was thrilled to be able to take a package to China for me and I am thankful to her for all that she has done for my daughter...without Stefani, Lia may have been an orphan forever. I know that Lia's life has not been easy and this road may not be an easy one but I plan to LOVE her now, always and forever!!! Happy Birthday Lia!!! This is your last one without a family of your own.


Lia's birthday stuff...including pictures and a letter:)
My pretty girl...
With some other kiddos who also have parents waiting to bring them home...
Thanks again for the pictures Lori!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed