Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall Break 2009...Anna Maria Island, Florida!


We just returned from Fall Break in Florida. We rented a house on Anna Maria Island for a week. We were in walking distance from the beach and the house had a pool. The weather was very nice. I think the first couple days were a little chilly in the high 60's and low 70's but it was in the 80's by the end of the week. The kids had a blast playing on the beach, building sand castles and jumping in the ocean waves. They also flew kites, searched for shells, buried each other and the older boys attempted to use these scurf board things but they were pretty difficult to use.



Lance and I just enjoyed hanging out with the kids, relaxing, walks on the beach and the gorgeous sunsets each evening. We also enjoyed all the local seafood and cozy beach grills. We ate most of our meals in at the house but one meal a day for either lunch or dinner we would go out. I was hooked on the grouper and Lance on the tuna. We ate too much, as we do most vacations, and unfortunately I gained back the five pounds I had lost before vacation. Oh well..I can loose it again and it was worth it:-)


We also did a couple outings with the gang. We went to the Moto Marine Aquarium where the kids got to see the worlds largest squid, pet sting rays, and hunt for shark teeth. We also took the kids to the Sarasota Jungle Gardens. The highlights of this adventure was getting to hold parrots, a baby alligator and Lorelle even held a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach. You know...like the ones from Fear Factor! They were huge! She screamed when it started crawling in her hand and she dropped it. She is braver than me...uh NO THANK YOU! The kids really enjoyed our day at the Jungle Garden and they got see some cool animals/birds.

The highlights of the trip for me were watching the dolphins during my morning walks, having my coffee with Lance out on the deck each morning (and wine in the evenings:-), my extra time to read the bible and most of all the AMAZING sunsets. God is never far from my mind most days but it is hard to look out over the beautiful ocean during a sunset and NOT be overwhelmed by HIS beautiful creation. I feel so blessed!

I LOVE this picture of Liam standing on a bucket during the sunset with the birds flying overhead. Fly my little bird! God has big plans for him...I just know it!

PS...Happy Birthday Granny!!! I hope your day was WONDERFUL! We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed