Wednesday, October 27, 2010

BIG Family Meals;)

I often get asked, "How do you cook for such a large family?" Well...to be honest I don't cook EVERY night. We do eat out a couple times a week. Sometimes more when Lance is traveling;) Some may think I am nuts to take 6 kids out but I LOVE it for many reasons. The most obvious... I do not have to cook and clean up:) But even better...I get to sit and chat with the kids about school and their days. When we eat at home...I am more like the waitress and the conversation seems much less;( Seriously, the kids are halfway done eating by the time I get a chance to sit down to eat my meal. Sometimes I even feed the kids right after school and then Lance and I will eat separately when he gets home. That way...we can enjoy a chat and the kids always seem to eat dinner better when I feed then right after school when they haven't had time to snack;) I do like to cook though...when I can take my time. I especially like to bake. Cooking for a large family would probably be easier if Lance and kids liked casseroles more. They are NOT fans! I would say we are definitely more "meat and potatoes" kinda people. In the fare weather months, we do a lot of grilling. Our favorites to grill are steak and salmon but we also grill chicken, brats, hamburgers and kabobs. And we also grill lots of veggies;) In the winter, I do continue to grill with my George Foreman and I also use my crockpot a lot more. The littles actually enjoy helping me out in the kitchen and I even get the big boys onboard some too:)

3 of my boys helping me on Sunday evening...
Food for the troops...salmon, bread and lots of veggies:)
I thought I would add this picture. This is my Fall Project...to get all the kid's closets organized. So far, I just have Levi and Liam's finished. Levi helped and was pretty proud of our accomplishment;) Four more to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed