Thursday, May 17, 2012

Topsail Island, North Carolina

I can NOT believe that it has been almost 2 months since my last post:( We have been VERY busy...but in a fun, good way:) Over the kid's Spring Break this year...we decided to load up the big black bus and drive to Topsail Island, North Carolina. We chose the Topsail Beach area because it was near Hampstead, NC where the Sydes Family lives. You see...Stephanie Sydes (click her name to order a book about her journey to her daughter Julie;) and I have been chatting online for a couple years, before I brought Levi home even. She contacted me to let me know that our children had shared the same foster home/parents. She was able to send me many pictures of her Julie and my Levi together...long before they had us but only each other. Such a precious gift!!! Levi started asking to see his Tian Tian (Julie) while we were still in China. He really wanted to go see her over the holidays last year and we really wanted to make it happen. So...on his birthday on February 8th, we told him that we were going to spend Spring Break with them. He was SO happy and excited:) We rented a house on the beach just minutes from their house and got to spend 4 days with them. Levi cherished their time together so much. They were both very upset when we had to say our goodbyes:( They are continuing to stay in touch by writing letters and Skyping. They share such a special bond...


Playing in the sand...

My beautiful Lorelle...

Levi and Julie in the hot tub...

Loved my quiet mornings...

My little China boys...

Lance with his coffee...our beach house in the back;)

My China princesses...

Liam and Lorelle playing catch...


Liam and Leytan jumping the waves...

Lance with his girl...out for lunch:)


Me with my Leytan and Lily Bug...and Yes, Leytan is almost taller than me and Lilyan not fall behind;(

Me and my little peanut...such a mama's boy;)

My sunshine and little monkeys...lol!

My littles petting a shark... We saw several sharks and sting rays being caught on the pier. Pretty cool!


Lance with our kiddos...minus Landan who chose to go on a ski trip to Colorado with his friends. They grow up way to quickly;( Leytan will probably ditch us next year...UGH!

My beautiful Lilyan...

Digging for sand fiddlers... 


Cool dude!!!

On our last day...we visited the Battleship North Carolina. The kids LOVED it...especially the boys:)
It was a wonderful Spring Vacation and such a special one for Levi...and all of us:) God is GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed