Saturday, September 19, 2009

4 years ago today...





This first picture of Lorelle and I was taken the morning after I got her.
We were at the Civil Affairs Office doing our paperwork to make her officially my daughter. What an amazing day!


I first held my little princess, Miss Lorelle Yan. She was 3 years and so cute and tiny. She was really scared during our first couple hours together but soon she was full of smiles and giggles and hasn't looked back since. This was taken from my online journal that I kept during our journey to bring her home:


We have Lorelle! Our flight was delayed so we were
late to "Gotcha". Lorelle was waiting for us. The director said
she was excited this morning and was even bragging to the other
children that she was going to America.
When she walked into the room and saw us though, she started to cry.
She was just really scared of the unknown of it all I think. She cried the whole time
we were at the Civil Affairs office. She kept saying, "Let go of
me!" and " I want to go back!" I felt so bad for her. We quickly
did the paperwork we had to do and got the heck out of there. She
quit crying on the elevator and hasn't cried since. It is almost
6:30 pm here now and she is getting very sleepy. She just started to whimper a little and stick her thumb in her mouth so I just
picked her up and am now rocking her as I type. She is so beautiful
and very smart. When we got back to the room I sat her on the potty
and she went right away.


This second one is a picture of Lorelle now. She has the same AMAZING smile!!! I love you baby girl...


1 comment:

  1. I have always loved her smile. Lorelle will always hold a special place in my heart. I will never forget the day I met her in the swi, and how she clung to Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed