Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 4...Part 1: Lighthouse and Park;)

We really packed a lot into day 4 so I am gonna blog about it in two parts;) In the morning, we went to visit the Tybee Island Lighthouse Station and Museum. I have always liked lighthouses but had never actually been up in one. My China peeps all wanted to go up into it so I thought "Why not?!" Ummm...I was TERRIFIED!!! First of all, it is a lot higher up than it looks from the ground. The steps were steep and I was afraid one of the kids would trip and fall. The kids practically ran up the 187, winding steps and I tried my best to keep up, yelling the whole time for them to "wait for me"... because I didn't want them to be up on the top without me to supervise;( They waited for me at the top and then I went out first to take a look. I snapped a couple quick pics and let the kids come out but made them keep their backs "against the wall"...I kept saying this as we did a quick lap around and got the heck down from there. I am not real sure why this FREAKED me out so much but it DID:( The kids and everyone else listening to me probably thought I was a CRAZY lady...LOL!!!



My China peeps waiting patiently for their turn to go up...

View from the top...

The kids obeying and "against the wall"...LOL!

You can see Lance way down below...YIKES we were high!

Afterward we went to a nearby restaurant for lunch outside in the beautiful sunshine and then a visit to the park was in order. It was a GREAT first half of our day;)

Even the big boys had fun...

Just a swingin...

Lorelle found a tree to climb...

Beautiful Miss Lilyan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed