Sunday, May 15, 2011

Indianapolis 500 Festival Mini-Marathon!!!

On Friday afternoon, May 7th, Lance and I headed down to Indy to pick up our race packets. We enjoyed an early dinner at Buca di Beppo and just relaxed. This was my first mini-marathon. I trained but was a little nervous. I had never even been to watch such a large event so I didn't really know what to expect. I was to line up to run with 35,000 other people!!! How crazy is that?!

We ran into a few people from Warsaw the night before at the convention center...including one of my girlfriends Erin, who was also running for the first time;)

Lance ran last year so he knew what to expect. It is truly amazing how many people pack into downtown Indianapolis to run in this event. You can see some pictures and video...just click HERE! I must say...it was SO MUCH FUN!!! You run in a pack of people the entire time. I enjoyed people watching...the other runners, fans and the bands/music that lined the streets. We even got to run around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway! Some people even stopped to "kiss the bricks" like the winners do after the Brickyard 400 race. I was too busy waving at the camera overhead to even notice that I ran over the bricks...LOL!!! You can see this entertaining video of me online;) It was a leisurely jog/speed-walk effort for me and I really enjoyed every minute:) I finished the 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 36 minutes. Lance finished in 1 hour and 42 minutes. He was happy to improve his time from last year. We had a meeting spot after the race and had someone snap a quick photo of us. Then we walked back to the hotel, showered, checked out and headed home. We did stop for lunch at the Kona Grill. I had never eaten there before and it was REALLY good! As soon as we arrived home...Lance signed us up for next year's race:)

We did it!!!
Also....the weather was PERFECT for a PERFECT day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed