Monday, August 22, 2011

Visit with My Granny...

The last weekend in July, I went to southern Indiana with my dad, his girlfriend Amy, Amy's sister Kimberly, my sister Maddy and my girls...Lorelle and Lilyan:) It is not easy to find the time, with a husband and 7 kiddos, to visit as often as I would like. And with the crazy school/sports schedule about to begin, I REALLY wanted to go see her. She is not feeling well most days now and it breaks my heart. I wish she could be here with me on earth forever. I have always had a special connection with my Granny. I LOVED spending some time with her but felt like I was saying goodbye when it was time to leave:( Please Lord be with her (and her incredible husband Don)... I love you both!!!

The whole gang...

Me, Dad and Maddy with Granny...
We visited with Granny and Don on Saturday and we all went out to dinner at the Turkey Run Lodge. It was a delicious buffet:) Then before returning home on Sunday we floated down Sugar Creek in inner tubes. It was beautiful, relaxing and a lot of fun BUT it would have been even better if the water wasn't so low and slow. It took us longer than we thought so we were all pretty thirsty and ready for some air conditioning when we finished. GREAT experience for my girls! Unfortunately, my computer crashed and I had to get the hard drive replaced...so I lost all the pictures (that I didn't have backed up yet...UGH!) that I took from our time on the river and from our visit with Granny. Thank goodness...Amy also took a few pictures (above:) A HUGE thank you to you Amy!!! It was a nice weekend and one I will always cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed