Thursday, June 16, 2011

Last Day of School...2010-2011

I can't believe I am officially a Mom to a college graduate, an 8th grader, 6th grader, 3-3rd graders and a 1st grader!!! WHAT?!

Lauren finished her time at Ball State with honors. She is an amazing student...always has been:) She started interviewing right away and it didn't take her long to acquire a job as a 4th grade teacher at Riddle Elementary in Rochester, Indiana. We are SO proud of her!!!

Landan got all A's this year. He is a smarty pants like his big sister;) He took Algebra and did VERY well. Can't beat getting high school credits as a 7th grader. SO proud of all his hard work!

Leytan also had a wonderful year. I anticipated 5th grade being a bit of a challenge for him but that did not seem to be the case at all. He was on the honor roll all year! He became so much more independent this year. I only remember him bringing homework home a couple times...he always "finished it at school". This made for a relaxing year for him and I;) My boy is growing up and I am SO proud of him!

Liam had a good year. He LOVED his teacher! He is struggling a bit in reading. But hopefully summer school and his reading tutor this summer will get him caught up a bit;) He excelled in Math...even with the Singapore change this year. He and Lilyan are in a math group higher than Lorelle so they are challenged a little more. This was the "triplets" first year to get actual grades and Liam held a B average all year. GREAT job Liam!

Lorelle got straight A's all year! She really stepped it up this year. Having such a GREAT teacher makes all the difference:) She also REALLY enjoys school...mostly the social aspect of it;)

Lilyan also had a great year! She got mostly A's...but did struggle a little with the new Math;( I wouldn't say she loves school but she does very well and her teachers all LOVE her. She is a "perfect student". She always tries her best, obeys all the rules and is annoyed by those who do not;) She is a great little reader...even though she doesn't particularly enjoy that either. LOL!

Levi blew by my expectations this year! Starting the school year late and with very little English did not stop my little boy from learning. He is a VERY quick learner and naturally a smart kid. I can tell already that he will also excel in Math and his reading is coming along very well. He is sounding out and reading small words. It is absolutely AMAZING to me the progress he has made! He is also working with a reading tutor this summer and I have no doubts that he will do GREAT in 1st grade:) Levi...you ROCK!

Below and some pictures of the kids on their last day of school...


Landan receiving his algebra award...

Yes...I have him trained to pose for a picture;)

Physical Education award...

Levi with his teacher...

Lorelle with her teacher...who just had a baby:)

Lorelle with the sub teacher...whom she also LOVED!

Lilyan with her teacher...

Leytan with his teacher...

Levi with his awards... SO proud!
After his last day of kindergarten, Levi wanted to go to the pool. We had a relaxing afternoon...just the two of us:) I will miss all my one-on-one time with him next year;(

Levi thought this picture was cool since he is "walking on water":)

Cannonball!!!

My happy boy...

Time for lunch...

Found a potato bug, rolly polly or whatever these things are called...lol!


After school...I took the gang to see Kung Fu Panda. It was a good movie but an emotional one for a few of us. What a GREAT day and an AMAZING school year!!! I hope the next one is just as FUN but maybe not go by so fast;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed