Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cedar Point 2010...

On Thursday afternoon I took Landan and his buddies, Mario and Conner to Cedar Point. My BFF Regina went with me:) Lauren and her boyfriend Andy followed us too. The boys chatted excitedly and nonstop the whole way. And I thought girls were chatty! LOL! We arrived early evening, checked in and headed to the park. We stayed at the Hotel Breakers...and could walk to the park. The rooms could use some updating but the beach (right on Lake Erie) and the pool areas were nice. Our first ride was the Magnum XL-200. I forgot how scary but at the same time...SO exhilarating roller coasters are!!! We rode 3 more coasters before the rain started. I was feeling nice and nauseous by then. We ate dinner at Johnny Rockets and then headed back to the hotel for the night. Landan and his buddies stayed up past midnight texting friends, playing truth or dare and just being goof balls. They had a FUN day!

The gang...
After the Mantis...this is a stand up one:)
We woke the next morning, had a big breakfast and then hung out in the room until after 10AM when the rain ended. Off to the park! It sprinkled a couple other times during the day but nothing that shut the rides down for too long. Below is the Top Thrill Dragster. I refused to ride it but the boys were fearless. It looked INSANE to me!!! It is 420 feet high, goes 120 mph and goes straight up at a 90 degree angle and then straight back down!!! It only lasts about 20 sec. but I just could NOT talk myself into riding it. I DID however conquer 3 of the "Big 4"! So I am not TOO wimpy! LOL!!!

The Dragster...Race for the Sky!
They lived through the Dragster...
The boys on the Maverick...this was the newest of the coasters. It was REALLY fun and FAST!!!
The boys with Snoopy at the park...
In the early evening we headed back to the hotel for a break. The boys relaxed, visited the hotel game room and had ice cream. Us big kids... visited the TGI Fridays for cocktails and a snack:)

Me with Snoopy at the hotel...
The boys goofing off in the room...
Then back to the park for an evening of more coasters. The boys wanted to repeat their favorites, Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force (This is a GREAT coaster!!!) and the Dragster, before the end of the night. They succeeded and did a few other too. Back to the room for a late night pizza. We were all VERY tired!

The Magnum XL-200...
Up they go...the boys are in the back:)

Andy and Landan, ready for one last ride on the Dragster...at NIGHT!!!
The boys were still tired the next morning. The ride home was much quieter:) They watched the movie Miracle and talked about their favorite rides. I really enjoyed my time with the boys, getting to know Andy better. He is SO funny and nice! And I also loved spending time with my favorite big girls Regina and Lauren;) I am still feeling a little weird, light headed and dizzy. And I have a never ending headache:( Maybe I am getting too old for this much of a thrill:) LOL!

Video of the gang on the Dragster... I am telling you this looks much faster and scarier in person:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed