Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Junie B. Jones:-)

If you have K-2nd graders...then more than likely you have heard about Junie B. Jones. She is the world's funniest kindergartner and my three 1st graders can totally relate and think she is just hilarious. The author Barbara Park has written a whole series of Junie B. Jones books and we have quite a collection of them. They are the perfect reading level for my girls. They are short, easy to read, chapter books and the girls feel grown up reading them. Here are a few Junie B. quotes for you:

"Work is when you use your brain and a pencil. Only sometimes I accidentally use the eraser too hard. And a hole comes in my paper."

"I am a very good spier. That's because I have sneaky feel. And my nose doesn't whistle when I breathe."

You get the idea:) TOO funny! I enjoy reading them to the kids too. SO...when we heard the traveling Junie B Jones play was going to be in town over the weekend, we HAD to go. We made a family date night of it and took the gang out to dinner and then to the musical. The boys weren't especially thrilled and we sat in the balcony, where is was like a sauna, but the girls thought it was funny stuff. The kids all got a free Junie B. Jones book too!








2 comments:

  1. How many of these books are there, anyway? Everyweek, they come home from school with a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy:) I bet there are at least 30 or so...maybe MORE! Funny stuff...

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed