Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Lilyan!!!

Lilyan turned 7 years old yesterday!!! She chose not to have a party again this year but instead to have a "Mommy and Me" day:) She took a day off school and we spent the entire day doing what she wanted to do. She loves The Village in Winona Lake so we spent our morning there. Our first stop was the Pottery Bayou, where she chose Ying and Yang salt and pepper shakers to paint. I was a little surprised by her choice since there we so many other cute things to choose from. In the middle of her painting she told me she choose them because they were going to be my Mother's Day gift. How SWEET is that?!

Notice she is still doing her "Chinese squat". I am constantly telling her to sit on her bottom. This is comfortable to her I guess:)
After painting pottery, we walked down to the bakery to get a cookie. She is a dessert first kinda girl...like her Mom:) LOL! Then after a little walk, she chose to have lunch at Cerulean.

Lilyan and Mom at lunch...
We got Lilyan an electric scooter for her Birthday but she actually got it a few weeks ago when the UPS man delivered it to our garage and didn't give me a heads up:( Lilyan found it and just knew it was for her:) I also got Lilyan a hanging canopy for over her bed. Daddy put it up for her while we were at Lorelle's soccer game last night and surprised her with it when we got home. She LOVES it!

Lilyan in her new butterfly canopy...

After our lunch, Lilyan and I made a trip to Walmart where she picked out a cookie cake and stuff to make ice cream sundaes. YUM! She also got to pick out her birthday dinner. She wanted cheddar mashed potatoes and garlic bread. I also threw in some chicken fries so we would have some kind of meat (if you can call them that). LOL!

Lilyan with her giant cookie...

Lilyan covering her ears...she did NOT want us to sing Happy Birthday but we did anyway:)

I had a great day with my baby girl!!! She doesn't really enjoy the big fuss of a party and being the center of attention...so this was a PERFECT day for her! I am SO blessed to be her Mom!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for the day. Don't know why I hadn't thought of that! Might need to try to to do that with the girls this next year. Although Sarah would not get a day off school since she is a July birthday.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed