Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spring has SRUNG!!!

We have baby robins and duck eggs at our house! It is funny because Chip has been obsessed with going out on my bedroom deck and it took me a while to figure out why:) He stares down through the cracks of the deck. I can get down on my hands and knees and peak at the baby birds. They are tiny, eyes closed and no feathers yet. The Momma bird does not like Chip out on the deck and she will leave the nest, sit on the wall below and chew him out:) She chirps and chirps at Chip until I make him come back inside.

I took this picture of the nest from underneath the deck. I tried to take a picture of the babies through the cracks but I couldn't get a good one:(

Here is Chippy looking at the babies. You can see the Momma robin on the wall below chewing him out. LOL!!!

Close-up of Momma robin...

Here are the duck eggs I found in our landscaping...

Mommy and Daddy duck...
I will be excited to have the ducklings hatch and to watch our baby robins grow. Spring it HERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed