Thursday, June 3, 2010

NO more sweets!



I can't believe I am going to post this...but here goes. I saw this idea on another adoptive mom's blog today and thought, "What a GREAT idea!" She made the commitment to not eat anymore sweets during her wait for Travel Approval. I thought I would also make this commitment for several reasons.

1. I need to lose a few pounds and I eat WAY too much sweets.
2. I have NO control over the timing of this adoption and this will make me feel in control of something.
3. I feel like this will be a commitment I can make to Levi...to prove my love and devotion to him while he waits for us.
4. My workouts during the summer break have already come to a near halt and I can't continue eating like I do and not workout.

SO...tomorrow I begin! I am excited and a little nervous. Those who know me well know...this will NOT be easy for me. For one, am an ice cream addict:( Goodbye...cookies, cupcakes, candy, pop and my beloved ICE CREAM! LOL!!!

And since I am on the subject...the adoption IS slowly but surely moving forward. I am hoping to get word on another baby step tomorrow or early next week maybe. I have a travel date in my head but have no info from my agency to back this up...just a gut feeling:) I even have it marked in my online day planner and Lance said he has been giving people this date when they ask. I guess he believes in my psychic (or psycho) abilities:) LOL! Anyway...I have us leaving for China on August 20th! Ummm...this could be quite a haul with no sweets to calm my anxious nerves.



I did send Levi a package this week containing a recordable book. I thought it would be neat for him to be able to hear my voice reading to him...even if he can't understand all of the words.

COME ON TRAVEL APPROVAL!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    This is an awesome idea! I will tell ya that it does truly keep the weight down! When I started my weight loss, I decided NO sweets, soda, or, anything like that. As of today I am down a whopping 60 lbs!!!!! You will feel much better as well! I will be praying for you because it is not easy! BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Praying you hear good news very soon! Love to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, ladies ;-)

    i gotta do something. i'm not feeling a need to be in control (yet!), but i feel like the sweets are getting me!

    i *think* i'm gonna join ya, lisa! can you email me the blog where you got the idea?

    we have a LID, btw! i'm not counting days yet - cuz i just can't go there yet - but the countdown (or countUP) has begun!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed